- If you live and work in a metro city and don’t have the time to pursue a full-time Bachelor of Arts program, the Symbiosis distance B.A program was created with you in mind. Symbiosis center for distance learning (SCDL) is one of the best schools India offering distance learning programs.
- Established in 2001 to cater to the academic needs of those desiring education, SCDL is like a household name among working professionals and students alike.
- The distance B.A program is meant to give you a boost in the corporate world and can also earn you promotion in your place of work.
- SCDL learning approach combines Digital e-learning, self-learning materials, chat sessions, and virtual classrooms to groom students to occupy enviable positions in society.
The following are the subjects you are expected to learn under the B.A program
- Introduction to Computing
- Indian Writing in English: Fiction
- Cultural Education I
- Cultural Education II
- Communicative English
- Professional Communication
- Language Paper I
- Language Paper II
- History of English Literature
- Environmental Studies
- Elements of Literary Criticism
- Communicative English (Advanced)
- History of English Language and Phonetics
- Business law
Below is the breakdown of the tuition cost for all categories of students:
- General – 43,000
- Active Defence/paramilitary/police – Rs 40,000
- Foreign students – $2,200 USD
- SAARC – Rs. 92,300 or $1,300 USD
- Prospective students are to possess 10+2 qualification with at least 45% mark in the examination
- The minimum age for admission is 18 years
- There is no age limit
- Those already employed must have a copy of their resume and work history handy
- Admission is on merit
How To Apply For Admission:
Application into SCDL is divided into two modes – offline and online.
- Visit the school campus and walk straight to the admission office
- If you don’t have the time, you can use SCDL Associates to help you out
- Pay the required application fee and obtain the form
- The application fees for local and international students are Rs. 760 and $100 respectively
- Complete the application form and attach all the supporting documents
- Review your application and submit the form back to the school officials.
- If you are admitted, you will receive your admission letter and student ID via post
- Go to the school admission portal
- Create a new student profile and save your login credentials
- Access the application form using the login details
- Pay the required application fee using the credit/debit card or internet banking
- Complete the application form and cross-check your information for correctness.
- Submit the application form for processing
- If you are admitted, the admission committee would notify you of your status via email
- To check your admission status, click here
- If you have any complain relating to admission, send a mail to the school’s admission office via [email protected]
Duration Of the Program:
Question 1: What factors can make a student spend more than 3 years running the program?
Answer: Students can spend more than 3 years running the distance B.A program due to so many reasons. First and foremost, failing an examination would make a student “carry over” the course. Secondly not having enough money to pay for tuition before the examination, and thirdly, not following up on assignments and coursework.
Question 2: I am physically disabled what are my chances of the school offering me admission?
Answer: The school does not offer admission based on health status. If you are physically disabled, the school will offer you admission but you need to state your medical situation during the registration process. This is to enable the school authority to know your health status.
Question 3: I am deficient in the English language, would that mar my chances of being admitted?
Answer: the English language is a major requirement for you to be considered for admission. You would be interacting with foreign students and lecturers who may not understand your native language. Thus, it is advisable for you to improve your English speaking skill.
Question 4: How long should I wait to hear from the school after the application process?
Answer: Generally, it takes about 3 to 4 weeks for the school authority to process all students’ applications. Thereafter, the admission committee will start the selection of students that meet the entry requirements. Once you are admitted, you would be notified via your email.
Question 5: Is there any form of scholarship for distance learning students
Answer: There is no scholarship opportunity for students pursuing distance B.A program.
Question 6: How do students communicate with lecturers?
Answer: Students can network with themselves and lecturers using various social media tools like Skype, WhatsApp, Imo, and a host of other tools.
Question 7: Does the school provide study materials for students?
Answer: Yes. SCDL provides study materials to all distance learning students on its register. However, whenever you are free, you can still visit the school library to read books.
- Symbiosis Bhavan
- 1065 B, Gokhale Cross Road, Model Colony,
- Pune – 411016, Maharashtra, India.
- Telephone: +91-20-66211000
- Fax: +91-20-66211040/66211041
- Website: www.scdl.net